Profile of Mrs. A.Sagayamary – Chief Functionary of LMW
Name : Mrs. A.SAGAYAMARY
Age : 64 Yrs Date of Birth : 20.03.1954
Designation : President of LMW
Educational Qualification : B.A.,COD.,
Experience : 31-yrs as a Social Worker
Project Area of Operation: 60-Villages in Kanai Block
Mailing Address : LMW – Training centre
Mangalapuram, Kakkanur B.O
Via – Kedar, Villupuram Dist 605 402
mail : email@example.com
A Social Worker and a Dalit Woman Activist for 32 years; Experienced right from the grass-root level field work to Administration of the NGO. Good Resource Person Leadership Training. As an Elected President of the Rural Women Milk Coop Society, I continue my Rural Women Development Activities with Rural Dalit women to promote Livelihood Activities and Micro Credit and Social Emancipation etc. accompanying the marginalized.
- Efficient Administrator
- Good Orator
- Composer of songs on Village and Women issues
- Poet and writer
- Project evaluator
- EDP – Trainer and Trainer for Sex and Gender and Milk Coop.
- Under gone special Trainings.
- Successfully administered the NGO, Liberation Movement for Women for the past 32 years – rendering Rural Development Services in 60-Interior villages.
- Has been elected as the Village Panchayat President for the Kakkanur Village Panchayat for a period of 10 years – 2 periods and got President of India Award as the Best Women Panchayat President.
- Has been elected as the President of Milk Coop. Society – Mangalapuram for the past 30-years.
- Has conducted Awareness Programmes in Kanai Block which has resulted in 850 SHGs and also to enable them to contest in the Panchayat election.
- Has been elected as the Executive Member in Federation of Social Action Groups(FSAG).
- Member in peace committee at District Level – Villupuram.
- Living with Rural Dalit Community as one among them permanently in Rural context till date.
- During Tsunami – implemented Relief measures and constructed 228-Houses for the affected families.
- Distributed 450-Milch animals (cows and goats) for the rural poor women in interior villages under Income generation program.
- Organized women’s day celebration in the past 25-years.
- 32 Years of Social work in 60 Villages – as a social Worker
- Field worker in villages – 25 years – Co-ordinator
- Resource person – for Leadership Training – 17 years
- Director of Milk Co-operative Society for 30 years.
- Elected Panchayat President for 10-years (2-periods) (2001 to 2011)
- Attended various International conferences (Zimbabway – France – Rome – Germany).
- Under Canadian LEAP – Programme – selected to visit Development and Cooperation projects in SriLanka – Pakistan – Bangaldesh – North India – Kerala – Andra in 1985.
- A. History, COD., – RUSHA
- Diploma in Legal Aid Course
Area of Interest
- Fulfillment of Basic needs and maximum utilization of Welfare Schemes.
- Organization of Beneficiaries.
- Women Rights – Dalit Rights – Child Rights.
- Liberation and Rural Developments.
- Formation of Community Based organization
- Women Development Activities Welfare and Social emancipation activities.
|1980 –||Health Training – at Dindigal for 3 – Months|
|1983 –||Para legal Training – at Indian Social Institute Delhi for one month|
|1984 –||Community organisation Training – ISI – Bangalore for 3 – months|
|1985 –||Participatory Rural Appraisal Training – MUSORI – for 25 days|
|1986 –||Leadership Training – Sponsored by Coady International Institute – for 15 days|
|1987 –||Strategies for Social Change and Social Action – 15 days|
|2000 –||TOT on EDP – (Entrepreneurs Development Programme) – 15 days at Coimbatore.|
|2001 –||Gender – (Sex – Gender Course) diploma course for one Month ISI – Bangalore.|
|2001 to – 2011||Elected Panchayat President for one decade (2-Periods)|
International Conference Attended
|1985 –||LEAP – Programme organised by SAP – Canada – for Two months – Visiting – Pakistan – Bangaladesh – Srilanka – North India – South India.|
|1998 –||Zimbabwe – Harrare – VIIIth Assembly organised by World Council of Churches – Geneva – paper presented on – Untold Miseries of Rural Dalit Women in Harare|
|1999 –||International Conference in France.|
|1999 –||Radio talk on women Development in Rome – Italy|
|1999 –||Project visit on Dairy Farming in Germany|
My personal interests and hobbies include creative writing such as songs and poetry on issues basis – Basic needs – on women right basis and Domestic violence basis.
- 64 years of age (19-03-1954), married woman with 3 children.
- Punctual, motivated, highly organized and competent individual
- Devoted Dalit Catholic Christian women
- Prepared to relocate and participate in Conferences.
- Resource person for Leadership Training and Panchayat Raj and Gender and Sex.
EXPECTATION AND BELIEF
As a Grass root level Social Worker and Dalit Christian, we all expect your Cooperation and partnership to support LMW – Social Emancipation and Rural Women Development Activities for the better tomorrow of the Dalit Rural poor women in interior villages to become masters of their own destiny. The way to be Happy is to make others Happy.