Brief History of LMW
Liberation Movement for Women is a Rural based voluntary Social Service organisation of Rural Dalit women, rendering rural women development services for the past 32-years since 1986 in 60-villages irrespective of Caste, creed, and Religion. We founded this LMW – Organisation in 1981 and Legaly Registered in the year 1986 towards rural development and social and Economical Empowerment of rural women and social Emancipation.
All the General body members in LMW are all hail from the same target population in the surrounding 60-villages. We have our own Central office known as LMW – Training Centre – Mangalapuram with all infrastructural facilities at Mangalapuram village in Villupuram District – Tamil Nadu – INDIA
Educate, organize and Empower rural poor women as a whole towards sustainable Development and Social Emancipation and women development of rural women etc. and thus to enable rural women to become masters of their own destiny with Dignity and self respect.
To enable the Rural poor women and enrich them with power of creativity and the power of knowledge and work with reasoning and bargaining power to become independent from dependency and slavery and also to make them to realize their role and responsibilities to fight for Social Justice and poverty reduction and also to bring the rural women (Dalit – Tribal – Cobblers – Widows – SC and ST and MBC) to limelight by creating healthy, Political Environment. Thus enable the Rural women to be in the fore front of their Development.
- Organise Rural Dalit Women as Self Help Groups to initiate their development thinking.
- Sensitize them in order to liberate them through proper motivation and training program.
- Improve their literacy level with proper Dalit Remedial Education program.
- Encourage them to develop their leadership qualities and emerge as leaders in their villages region.
- Equip them to analyse their needs & problems and that of the villages and approach appropriate agencies and Government for needed help.
- Develop entrepreneurship skills among them, in order to take up relevant, income generation program to improve their economic status.
- Create legal awareness among them to protect their rights.
- Educate them about mother and child health and community health and encourage them to act as agents of healthy living.
- Facilitate them to have a Federation to take up issues in the larger interests and to influence the Government.
- Organise periodical workshop, conferences, seminars in order to sensitize the Government as well as the other agencies involved on vital issues.
- Creation of better opportunities to enable rural poor women to become self-sufficient and economical empowerment with sustainability.
- Encourage rural women to involve in Bio-farming and preservation of traditional seeds.